Friday, March 1, 2013

"Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good!" By Fred Hebert, 1st Edition.


I didn’t know I could have fun learning a programming language

 I had never heard of Erlang before until a friend of mine told me that he loves using Erlang. I am a novice programmer so I got a little curious and got a copy of “Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good!” I started reading through the book and noticed that this was unlike any programming book that I have ever read. This is how a programming book should be.

The contents of the book were detailed, easy to follow, engaging, and surprisingly humorous. The thing I dislike about other programming books were that I would be bored and lose focus due to how dry the material was. However, “Learn You Some Erlang for Great Good!” has a good amount of humor to sustain you and grab your attention while also giving quality information and excellent examples. The little pictures you see occasionally are also hilarious and are a treat to see.

This book starts off simple so that a beginner can comprehend the material and then later on it goes more into advanced concepts. I would say that this book is aimed towards the beginner to intermediate audiences. Overall I have to say that this book is definitely worth it if you are looking to learn a new language or if you are interested in Erlang.


No comments:

Post a Comment